Dramione Fic: How Soon Is Tomorrow? by eevilalice
Title: How Soon Is Tomorrow?
Word Count: 4,940
Summary: It’s the day before winter hols, and Draco can’t wait. Except he’s going to have to because the day won’t end unless he saves Hermione Granger. A lot.
Timeline: Year 6
Holiday: Christmas/New Year’s
November 20, 2013December 4, 2013
[30 Day OTP Challenge] Day 25
[30 Day OTP Challenge] Day 24
Or should this just be the 500 Year OTP Challenge? Damn it.
Title: Running Wolf
Prompt: Making up afterward
Pairing: Arya x Gendry
Genre: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, A/U
Word Count: 1634
Note: I spent way too much time on this and am STILL unsatisfied with how I finished.
Also, this is a sequel to my Day 23 entry, so read that first if you haven’t.
Work in Progress UlquiHime Fanfics
Day One of Formatting: While I work with resizing several images into the proper size dimensions and wait on three stories that are being reviewed by betas, I thought I’d encourage all you lovely people out there who are following me to read and review some UlquiHime fanfics out there. Please, leave lots of reviews for these lovely stories. Even if you aren’t a big fan of it, please let the author know you’re thoughts. Be kind, they worked hard. (SPAM THEM WITH YOUR THOUGHTS!)
New Stories That Were Recently Published:
1. To Whom You Are Loyal (Sequel Story) - FullMoonMaiden
2. Give Me Love - D.J. Cifer
3. White Sakura - kiskinder
4. Crumble - Killer San
Stories That Could Use More Reviews:
1. Recall - musicluver008
2. That Dark Hole Called Love - I-am-Fairy-Tail122
3. Dreams (translated fic) - NIKKY RIMINOV
4. Night’s Like These - The Princess Of Eden
5. Bitter Ashes - Mika-McKeena
6.Illegal - KitKat12323
7. One Destiny, One Heart - Ichigo Jaegerjaquez
8. Kokoro X Kiseki - Yue-to-Sakura
9. Through Uneven Glass - Killer San
10. The Uproarious Sunrise - snatchemall
Wonderful Stories that I Hope You All Read:
1. Down with the Sun - lilarin
2. Idle Hands - OveractiveImagination39
3. The Reason to Live - Ffxina
4. Tell Yourself - Princess Kitty1
5. Alice in Chains - Subtle Serenity
6. The FurthestPlanet From The Sun - Mahi-Mahi
7. Phantom Murder or Gentleman - FullMoonMaiden
8. Ulquiorra: Four to Love - OveractiveImagination39
9. Grimmjow: Four to Love - lilarin
10. Angels & Demons - smylealong
11. Suffering and Redemption - Kumonoito
12. The Definition of Love - lanpheas
13. Trust to Hope - smylealong
14. Fascination - ashurahime
15. Silence - Grimm-Inuoka004
16. New Elements of Pain - layalatania
17. Love you Twice Over - smylealong
18. Undisclosed Desires - Elcyion Pitye
*Please feel free to add more ^^
Put one of these in my askbox to see how my Muse reacts.
Anonymous asked: why do you ship dramione?
I feel like I’ve answered this question too many times to count, but I guess I’ll repeat my earlier statements. The true reason i ship dramione over anything else can be summed down to one word: potential. There may be some non canon shippers that completely dislike how the novel ended romance wise, but I do enjoy the canon ships and accept them, but personally I feel like the series’ could have been so much more if dramione had happened.
First of all, the whole blood purity aspect would have been very interesting. There is no relationship in Harry’s generation that really represents a love that conquered all the odds and essentially saved someone’s soul, though it was hinted at with Snily, but that never came to fruition. Starting with HBP, we see Draco become doubtful of the whole blood superiority complex, and this would have been the perfect time to introduce a relationship between Draco and Hermione. At his most vulnerable, Draco would have been more open to having a confidant in Hermione (she would have been his replacement for Moaning Myrtle in that regard) and with her coaxing his loyalties definitely could have changed. We all know that Hermione is a girl on a mission, and that she always fights for those who are weak and can’t fight for themselves, so her taking on Draco’s cause actually does make sense canonically. My favorite parts of most fanfictions are when Draco comes to the realization that blood really means nothing, and they really are all the same because it’s so poignant and beautiful. I think seeing such a stuck up, cocky, snobbish pureblood realize and accept that he was wrong about pretty much everything would have been so much more of a statement if love was his basis for it. It would have been really proven that love is the strongest magic of all. It would have been such a great twist to put her with him in the books. Overcoming differenced to be together. Even though there are so many clear reasons why they can’t be together, they are. It would teach a great lesson.Also, I’m just a huge fan of the “star-crossed lovers” trope so their relationship really appeals to the romantic in me.
Also, how can you NOT see the dramione undertones throughout the novel. No matter how much animosity there was between them, they were definitely intrigued by eachother. The potential in their relationship is phenomenal. They have enough differences to keep their relationship interesting and fiery and enough similarities to be able to keep their relationship stable. There’s so many little snippets throughout the novel with dramione in them, you just have to be open enough to see it!
- "Parvati was gazing at Hermione in unflattering disbelief. She wasn’t the only one either; when the doors to the Great Hall opened, Krum’s fan club from the library stalked past, throwing Hermione looks of deepest loathing. Pansy Parkinson gaped at her as she walked by with Malfoy, and even he didn’t seem to be able to find an insult to throw at her." (GOF)
“I don’t believe it!” Hermione wailed. “Was Professor Flitwick angry? Oh, it was Malfoy, I was thinking about him and I lost track of things!”
“Malfoy?” said Hermione, very skeptically. “Well…yes…maybe…”
And she remained deep in thought all the way into the outskirts of Hogsmeade.
Now I feel better about shipping them, because this is similar to my reasoning for many of my ships.
Wholly canon stuff can be boring to write. :X
It’s never been published to the internet. It only took a night and a half to actually complete and edit. It’s been sitting around for a while, but you know how long I take coming up with endings. Hopefully it came out decent.
I might put it out on FF.N and AO3 (and dA, as dead as it evidently is), but I don’t know when. We’ll see. I want to concentrate more on finishing this long-ass OTP challenge thing I’ve taken ten thousand years to write and some stuff for other ships I like.